Hon. Lisa Hart Cole (Ret.) brings her experience from nearly 25 years as a judge to Signature Resolution as a mediator, arbitrator, and judicial and discovery referee. She resolves personal injury, employment, business, insurance, real estate, construction, wage and hour cases, asbestos, and class action matters.
During her career on the bench, Judge Cole presided over a busy independent calendar court in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica, handling motions of every type, holding settlement conferences and conducting hundreds of jury and court trials. While in Santa Monica, Judge Cole also served as the Supervising Judge of the West District. Additionally, she sat in downtown Los Angeles in the prestigious Complex Litigation Department where she oversaw wage and hour cases, class actions, construction, and complex insurance disputes. Most recently, Judge Cole was a highly sought-after judge and mediator in the LASC Mandatory Settlement Program successfully resolving hundreds of settlement conferences in virtually every type of civil action.
Attorneys describe her as a prepared, thorough and persistent judge who always demonstrated great respect for lawyers.
Judge Cole started her legal career as a prosecutor in the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office where she conducted many serious felony and high-publicity jury trials.
- Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Judge (2000 – 2020)
- Municipal Court of Los Angeles, City of Los Angeles, Judge (1996 – 2000)
- Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Deputy District Attorney (1982 – 1996)
- Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, Deputy City Attorney (1981 – 1982)
- J.D., U.C. Hastings College of Law
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley