“Having striven to earn my reputation as a ‘go-to’ mediator, I am honored to work at Signature Resolution.”
- Business and Commercial Contracts
- Class Action
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Real Estate
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
- B.A., Middlebury College (Vermont)
For over 30 years, Scott Slater Markus, Esq. has been San Diego County’s leading attorney-mediator. At Signature Resolution, Scott continues to provide efficient, ethical, and effective mediation services for matters involving employment, professional liability, catastrophic injury, real property, and business disputes.
Scott has worked with countless Fortune 500 companies, insurance companies, and government agencies and with top consumer attorneys throughout Southern California. With his guidance, mediation participants have reached settlements from non-monetary to $20M.
Scott’s commitment to neutrality and effectiveness has earned him recognition in Best Lawyers in America for the last sixteen consecutive years. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer–review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. Scott is also a five-time Los Angeles Daily Journal Top 50 Neutral and a 20-year Distinguished Fellow in the International Academy of Mediators.
- Attorney Mediator, Private Practice (1992–2021)
Professional Achievements and Memberships
- Best Lawyers in America—Mediation Specialty (17 consecutive years)
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, Mediator in San Diego (2024)
- Top 50 Neutrals, Los Angeles Daily Journal (5 times)
- Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators (20 years)