Century City | Los Angeles | Virtual Services
“I’ve owned a business, and I’ve been an employee. So I bring the perspective of both and can help find a middle ground and a resolution. Solving problems is my passion.”
Jasmine Lu213-433-5769 [email protected]
- Wage & Hour
– J.D., University of California, Hastings
– Mandarin Certification, Peking University
– B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara. Major Communications, Minor Chinese
Over the past 17 years, Monique Ngo-Bonnici has participated in and settled hundreds of cases, principally in the Labor & Employment arena. Her pragmatic approach, entrepreneurial mindset, and passion for solving problems makes a transition to a full-time mediation practice a natural transition for her career.
Before joining Signature Resolution, Monique was the chair of Winston & Strawn’s Los Angeles and Silicon Valley labor and employment practices. She specializes in resolving wage and hour class, collective, and representative actions, as well as claims involving discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, violation of non-compete agreements, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Monique credits her success to her practical approach to solving problems, desire to resolve cases in the most efficient manner possible, and ability to put herself in her clients’ shoes. Her experience as a former employee and business owner gives her a unique perspective when it comes to seeing both sides of a dispute.
For years Monique has been recognized for her work in the employment arena. Since 2012 she has repeatedly been recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star”, she was named as one of only 50 California lawyers to The Recorder’s 2013 “Lawyers on the Fast Track” list, was awarded the 2018 Rising Star for Labor & Employment by Euromoney LMG (an award given to the top employment attorney in the country under the age of 40), and is also highly ranked by Benchmark Litigation in the area of employment and has received several of their award designations over the years.
In addition to her experience and passion for dispute resolution, Monique feels strongly that diversity in the practice of law and mediation helps make justice more accessible to everyone. Growing up the child of immigrants, she inherited a strong work ethic, empathetic nature, and dedication to problem solving, which has resulted in her unparalleled ability to manage clients’ personal and emotional issues, while working towards resolution.
– Partner, Winston & Strawn
– Chair Member, Winston & Strawn
Professional Achievements and Memberships
– Named as one of only 50 California lawyers to The Recorder’s 2013 “Lawyers on the Fast Track” list
– Nominated by the Los Angeles Business Journal as a “Women Making a Difference Rising Star.”
– 2018 Rising Star for Labor & Employment by Euromoney LMG
– Selected as a Benchmark Litigation 2018 and 2020 Labor & Employment Star
– Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S. since 2019 as a “key lawyer” in Labor and Employment Disputes who “demonstrates tenacity and passion for her work.” (2021)