“I don’t give up. Especially in these high-stakes cases, having determination is critical. That’s something I’m never going to lose as a neutral.”
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Wrongful Death
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- B.A., Georgetown University
Mr. Johnson has become a go-to mediator in high–stakes personal injury litigation, frequently retained by the top lawyers in Southern California to mediate the most difficult and complex cases. He regularly resolves cases involving eight-figure demands, often with multiple layers of insurance and parties. He has also been appointed to serve as an arbitrator on a number of matters.
Attorneys on both side of the aisle appreciate his dogged determination and persistent follow-up when cases don’t settle at mediation.
Throughout his career, Mr. Johnson has represented clients in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, as well as bad– faith insurance and other consumer claims. He has tried cases involving products liability, premises liability, nursing home neglect, and elder abuse, as well as professional and medical malpractice. Mr. Johnson has accomplished a remarkable record of success, with more than $70 million in first chair trial verdicts.
Prior to joining Signature Resolution, Mr. Johnson was a named partner at Grassini, Wrinkle & Johnson, one of the premiere trial firms in California. Additionally, he previously served in both the trial and appellate divisions of the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General Corps.
Mr. Johnson has authored several articles, taught in law school, and frequently appears as a guest lecturer at conferences.
- Partner, Grassini, Wrinkle & Johnson (2012–2018)
- Associate, Grassini & Wrinkle (2007–2012)
- Private Practice, New York (2005–2007)
- U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps (1999–2005)
Professional Achievements and Memberships
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles—Three-Time Finalist (2010, 2013, 2016)
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Southern California Mediation Association