“I’m committed to helping people explore the roots of their conflict to incorporate their own unique insights toward a mutually agreeable resolution.”
- Class Action
- Sexual Harassment
- Title VII
- Wage & Hour
- Wrongful Termination
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School
- L.L.M, Pepperdine University School of Law
- B.A. Macalester College
Jonathan D. Andrews became a mediator because he is passionate about the benefits of pre-adjudication conflict resolution and the importance of customized, empathetic, and people-focused mediation strategies to achieving win-win outcomes. As a strong advocate with an authentic presence, Mr. Andrews provides value for all sides with his experience, creativity, compassion, and tenacity.
Mr. Andrews received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Michigan School of Law and his LL.M. in Dispute Resolution with a concentration in mediation from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law, one of the world’s leading education programs in the field of dispute resolution. His education, 24 years of trial experience, and 13 years of experience leading his own successful law firm are the foundation for his incredible settlement record.
Prior to joining Signature, Mr. Andrews was a partner at Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo, where he advised and represented employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. He has represented clients in state and federal court, as well as before administrative agencies, including the California Labor Commissioner, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Prior to that, Mr. Andrews was a founding partner at Andrews Lagasse Branch + Bell LLP, a partner at Gordon & Rees, LLP, and an associate at Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison.
Mr. Andrews’ peers have consistently selected him as one of the Top 50 Super Lawyers in San Diego and voted to include him on the lists of San Diego Super Lawyers in the area of labor and employment from 2009 through 2022. He has also been named a Top Attorney by The San Diego Daily Transcript in the area of labor and employment law. Previously, Mr. Andrews was named to San Diego’s 40 under 40 honor roll by San Diego Metro Magazine. He was also selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice area of Employment Law—Management from 2016 to 2023.
Connecting with community is important for Mr. Andrews and his family. He has been a proud member of the San Diego County Big Brother/Big Sister program for over 15 years and is a current member of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego (BBBS) County Board of Directors. In 2020, BBBS honored Mr. Andrews and his wife, Dawn, as the 2020 Big Champions and, in 2021, BBBS recognized the couple as part of the 60 “Change Makers” who have helped shape the agency’s history.
- Partner, Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo (2020–2023)
- Founding Partner, Andrews Lagasse Branch + Bell LLP (2007–2020)
- Partner, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP (2003–2007)
- Associate, Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison (1998–2002)
Professional Achievements and Memberships
- Member, The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- Board of Directors, Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation
- Member, California Minority Corporate Counsel Program
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Member, Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters San Diego County
- Mentee, International Academy of Mediators (2022-Present)
- Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management (2016–2023)
- Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Litigation – Labor and Employment (2016–2023)
- Super Lawyers of San Diego, Area of Labor and Employment (2009–2023)
- Top 50 Lawyers in San Diego, Super Lawyers®
- Top Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, Area of Labor and Employment Law
- 40 under 40, San Diego Metro Magazine
- This prestigious award recognizes the business accomplishments and community contributions of San Diego’s brightest young business professionals, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders, all of whom are under 40 years of age
- Recipient of Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Services Award for services performed for the San Diego Legal Aid Society
- Diversity Issues in Mediation
- Member profile – Jonathan Andrews
- Questions remain after Adolph v. Uber Technologies, Inc. decision
- Is cultural competence necessary or preferred in employment mediations?
- High court finds dual-status contractors subject to labor relations protections
- Neutral Jonathan Andrews expertly toes the line between empathy and realism, lawyers say.
- Options for bypassing employment arbitration are changing
- Mandatory Employment Arbitration Permissible—But For How Long?
- Joint Employment Mediation Sessions Are Worth The Work
- PAGA Claims Are A Gamble As Calif. Justices Mull Uber Case
- What Does it Mean to Apologize in Employment Mediations?
- Signature Resolution Adds Four Neutrals in San Diego
- Jonathan D. Andrews, Esq. joins Signature Resolution