Century City | Los Angeles | Virtual Services
Hon. Lesley C. Green (Ret.)
Mediator | Arbitrator | Judicial & Discovery Referee
"Emotions run high when settling cases. I’m here to be the bridge, to find a simple, workable solution in the complexities of a case.”
- Business / Commercial
- Legal Malpractice
- Probate, Trust & Estates
- Wage & Hour
- Wrongful Termination
- J.D., USC Gould School of Law
- B.A., Pasadena City College
Judge Green joined Signature Resolution as a neutral following her retirement from the bench in 2018. At Signature, she regularly serves as a mediator, arbitrator, private judge or discovery referee. During her time on the bench, she presided over many settlement conferences, including the highly emotional dynamics of contested accountings, estates, trusts, and conservatorships.
Judge Green has successfully resolved matters involving employment litigation, contract disputes, and multi-million-dollar trusts and estates. She also regularly arbitrates employment and complex commercial cases. Judge Green excels at bridging divergent points of view to a workable solution, especially when emotions run high.
Prior to her appointment to the bench, Judge Green served as counsel to both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial and business litigation matters in both state and federal courts. She began her career as an associate at Adams, Duque, and Hazeltine, where she went on to make partner. She then co-founded the firm Bannan, Green, Frank & Terzian and was eventually appointed to the bench in 2007.
While in private practice, Judge Green amassed nearly 25 years of civil litigation experience and was involved in all aspects of representing clients in resolving disputes related to insurance litigation (including ERISA), general commercial litigation, and employment law. She litigated matters through trial and on appeal, which led to her admission to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court in 1999. She also acted as an arbitrator in NYSE matters litigated in Los Angeles.
- Judge, The Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles (2007–2018)
- Founding Partner, Bannan, Green, Frank & Terzian (1995–2007)
- Partner, Adams, Duque & Hazeltine (1991–1995)
Professional Achievements and Memberships
- Member, Probate Law Curriculum Committee, Governing Committee of the Center for Judicial Education and Research Judicial Council of California (2015–2018)
- Member, Operations Planning Committee, by invitation of the Presiding Judge (2015–2016)
- Executive Notes Editor, USC Computer Law Journal
- Executive Notes Editor, Major Tax Planning, published by the USC Institute on Federal Taxation, Volume 35